New moon affirmations are a wonderful tool to add to your manifestation rituals. It’s the perfect way to align with the flow of nature and connect with the Cosmos.
Although affirmations can be practiced any day of the week and are best if practiced consistently, the new moon brings a special, unique energy worth harnessing every month.
Ready to learn more about new moon affirmations?
In this article, we’ll go over the following:
- New Moon Dates for 2023 and the rest of 2022
- What Does the New Moon Represent Spiritually + Symbolically?
- What are Affirmations?
- How do New Moon Affirmations Work?
- How to Use New Moon Affirmations
- Journal Prompt Example Questions for New Moon Refection Time
- 31 New Moon Affirmations to Let Go and Embrace the Future
Also, please be sure to sign up for your free manifestation worksheet to learn how to manifest anything you desire in 5 easy steps.
Okay, let’s get started!
New Moon Dates 2023
In astronomy, a lunar cycle is approximately 29.5 days—the time it takes to go from one new moon to the next new moon. There are 12 lunations in a given calendar year. However, approximately every 2.5 years, there are 13 lunations. So one month will have two new moons; the second new moon is called a black moon.
UTC = Coordinated Universal Time
|Month, Date, UTC Time||New Moon Name||Sidereal/Western Astrological Sign|
|November 23, 2022
10:57 PM UTC
|New Cold Moon||Scorpio/Sagittarius|
|December 23, 2022
10:17 AM UTC
|New Wolf Moon||Sagittarius/Capricorn|
|January 21, 2023
8:53 PM UTC
|New Snow Moon||Capricorn/Aquarius|
|February 20, 2023
7:06 AM UTC
|New Worm Moon||Aquarius/Pisces|
|March 21, 2023
6:23 PM UTC
|New Pink Moon||Pisces/Aries|
|April 20, 2023
5:12 AM UTC
|New Flower Moon||Aries/Aries|
|May 19, 2023
4:53 PM UTC
|New Strawberry Moon||Taurus/Taurus|
|June 18, 2023
5:37 AM UTC
|New Buck Moon||Gemini/Gemini|
|July 17, 2023
7:32 PM UTC
|New Sturgeon Moon||Gemini/Cancer|
|August 16, 2023
10:38 AM UTC
|New Blue Moon||Leo/Leo|
|September 14, 2023
2:40 AM UTC
|New Harvest Moon||Leo/Virgo|
|October 14, 2023
6:55 PM UTC
|New Hunter’s Moon||Virgo/Libra|
|November 13, 2023
9:27 AM UTC
|New Beaver Moon||Libra/Scorpio|
|December 12, 2023
11:32 PM UTC
|New Cold Moon||Scorpio/Sagittarius|
New Moon Dates Courtesy of Fullmoonology.com and Nasa
What Does the New Moon Represent Spiritually + Symbolically?
As you know, the moon waxes and wanes through its cycle. It starts with the new moon (day 0), waxes to the full moon (day 14.81), and wanes back to the new moon (day 29.5), completing a full lunation.
Lunar cycles remind us that life is cyclical and continuous. With every ending, there is a new beginning, and change is constant. There are phases, seasons, and natural progressions and regressions to everything, giving life its natural rhythm and flow.
The new moon symbolizes new beginnings, fresh starts, a clean slate, and hope. It marks the beginning of a cycle. The sky is empty, peaceful, and a little mysterious. Reminding us to create space and embrace the energy of renewal.
Making the new moon phase a supportive time to go inwards, reflect, and get real about our lives (gently, of course). You can use this time to set intentions, start new endeavors, review your manifestations, plan habits, visualize your dreams, or simply refresh your goals. The best days to harness the new moon’s energy are three days before and after the new moon’s date.
Read More: 8 Tips to Get Better at Manifesting
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are empowering phrases or mantras you repeatedly say aloud or write to let go of a limiting belief. It’s a simple way to help raise your vibration and minimize negative self-talk. Affirmations train you to think, feel, and act differently, allowing you to direct your thoughts toward more helpful and positive vibrations.
How Do New Moon Affirmations Work?
In astrology, the moon symbolizes the mind—how we think and feel about everything. Our emotions are connected to our subconscious mind, making the new moon a potent time to observe our thoughts and beliefs and impress the subconscious mind.
Our subconscious mind is our software. It holds all of our programs, memories, habits, and beliefs. According to stem cell biologist Dr. Bruce H. Lipton, we spend 95% of our time in our subconscious mind and 5% in our conscious mind.
Neuroplasticity and epigenetics studies have proven that our brain is wired for growth. When the mind encounters new information, it fires new neuropathways, allowing it to expand, change and operate differently over time.
Additionally, classic Law of Attraction teacher, Neville Goddard, describes our subconscious mind as the feminine energy. The subconscious is the part of the mind that becomes active when we dream. It’s childlike and doesn’t judge. It allows and receives any information you give it.
However, the conscious mind is masculine energy. It’s our logical mind that we use throughout the day.
Self-affirmers who have had experience with affirmations know that for affirmations to work, we have to penetrate the conscious mind and work with our subconscious.
So (1) morning time, (2) before bed, and (3) directly after meditation when our mind is most relaxed is the best time to practice affirmations.
How to Use New Moon Affirmations
The most popular and effective ways to practice affirmations are:
- Repeating affirmations aloud in the mirror
- Writing affirmations in a journal
- Repeating affirmations in your head
Choose 3 to 5 affirmations below and spend ten minutes gently repeating them aloud or writing them in your journal. Write or say each affirmation ten times. Be sure to conjure up the emotional experience and feel everything you write or say.
Read More: Learn How to Write Your Own Affirmations
Also, it’s important to mention that the moon and nighttime represent letting go. After our workday, we go home to rest, relax, rejuvenate, and feel safe and comforted. So that ideally, tomorrow, we would’ve let go of yesterday, wake up refreshed, and be present in the now.
Use new moon affirmations and rituals to your benefit to remind yourself to slow down and not constantly be on the go-go intentionally. Allow time to destress and take it easy on your mind, body, and soul. So if an extra practice stresses you out, don’t feel obliged. Just release it.
Journal Prompt Questions for New Moon Refection Time
- How do you feel about the direction of your life?
- What are your goals and desires for the month?
- What dreams would you like to manifest?
- Are there any behavioral patterns and habits that you want to work on?
- Visualize your dream life
- What are my limiting beliefs?
- How is your mental, emotional, and spiritual health?
31 New Moon Affirmations
- I embrace new beginnings in my life.
- I release what no longer serves and start fresh.
- I am abundant!
- I am open to new opportunities.
- I welcome new energy to enter my life.
- I am calm, peaceful, and tranquil.
- I am grateful for every breath.
- I let go of my past and live in the present.
- I welcome fresh, loving, supportive energy in my life.
- My heart space is open, calm, and loving.
- A new chapter begins, and I walk my path with open arms.
- I am limitless potential and see miracles everywhere I go.
- I see opportunities everywhere I go.
- I let go of all unsupportive stories. I am writing my new story!
- I am aligned with peace, love, and harmony.
- I am the creator of my life.
- I embrace change.
- I accept responsibility for my entire life, and I forge my path and manifest my dreams into reality!
- I love my life!
- I accept myself from head to toe.
- I believe in miracles!
- Abundance and hope surround me.
- I see love everywhere I go!
- I am limitless potential!
- I welcome love and abundance in my life.
- The Universe has my back. I know I am always be taken care of.
- I trust my path and live my life intuitively.
- I am safe, secure, and grounded.
- I release old fears, wounds, and past hurts and embrace the future with open arms.
- I open my heart space to receive love and joy in my life.
- I trust my journey and flow with ease.
Closing Thoughts on New Moon Affirmations
I hope this article helped you learn more about the new moon and how to add affirmations to your moon rituals. Please feel free to change the affirmations to fit your life and situation.
Much Gratitude and Happy Manifesting!
You might also enjoy: 43 New Year Affirmations for an Amazing and Successful 2023!
If you liked the article, we would love it if you shared it on Pinterest and connected with us on socials.
Hooked on Manifestation?
Sign up for our email newsletter to get your free manifestation training worksheet, where we deep dive into how to be an effortless manifestor and talk about personal stories and experiences.